What is Plane Faith?
Plane Faith, Inc. is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to promote missionary aviation and support missionary pilots so that the gospel of Jesus Christ can be taken to the ends of the earth. We are doing this through something we are calling The Plane Faith Project.
Missionary aviation plays a crucial role in much of the gospel work that is taking place around the world. Pilots and their planes are often essential for missionaries working in Bible translation, healthcare, disaster relief, evangelism, and tribal church planting. More than this, for many living in the remotest parts of the world, the sound of an airplane engine is the sound of life and hope.
If you are unfamiliar with mission aviation and the pilots who make it possible, make sure to check out The Plane Faith Podcast. If you are interested in helping prospective missionary pilots on their journey to the mission field, take a minute to learn more about our Plane Faith Takeoff Grants. If you’d like to gather and worship with other believers committed to promoting missionary aviation and supporting missionary pilots, check out Hangar Church.
What is The Plane Faith Project?
The Plane Faith Project is a ministry project of Plane Faith, Inc. that funds Takeoff Grants to cover monthly flight training debt payments for missionary pilots, creates Podcasts to raise awareness about missionary aviation, and hosts Hangar Church to create communities and raise funds. The goal of the project is to take the gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth by promoting missionary aviation and supporting missionary pilots.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is completely trustworthy and true and speaks with supreme and final authority in all matters of life, faith, and practice.
- There is one God who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- All people, being created by God and in the image of God, have intrinsic value, but as a result of sin, are alienated from God and one another, and require reconciliation.
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, is fully God and fully human. He demonstrated God’s love for sinners by suffering the penalty of death in their place. He rose bodily from the dead and ascended to heaven, where he is presently interceding for his people.
- Forgiveness and eternal life are available to all who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. This salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, and in Christ alone.
- One day, Jesus Christ will return in power and glory to raise all the dead and judge the world.
- When Christ returns, those who have received him as Lord and Savior will enjoy eternal life with God. Those who have not will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction.
- The Holy Spirit gives new life to those who believe in Christ. Through his indwelling presence and transforming power, he comforts believers and equips them for holy living and effective service while they await Christ’s return.
- The Church is the body of Christ. It is the fellowship of all believers and has been commissioned by Jesus Christ to make disciples of all nations.