The Plane Faith Podcast is a podcast about missionary aviation and the stories of missionary aviators who have taken seriously Jesus’s command to go and make disciples of all nations and are using airplanes to be his witnesses at the ends of the earth. The purpose of this podcast is to educate and inform our listeners about the ins and outs of missionary aviation and to encourage and inspire young men and women to consider whether or not missionary aviation is something God is calling them to. During each episode we will discuss a variety of topics related to missionary aviation and, more importantly, we will have new and exciting guests on each episode who will tell us about their experiences as missionary aviators.
About the Host
My name is Jimmy Tidmore and I am a pastor and a pilot residing with my family in Huntsville, AL. I am very interested in promoting missionary aviation and helping prospective missionary pilots reach the mission field. I hold a Commercial Pilot’s Certificate with an Instrument Rating and like to pretend that I am going to get my Flight Instructor’s Certificate.
- 16 – Jim Manley – MAFOur flight plan for today’s show includes a conversation with former MAF pilot, Jim Manley. Come on board and join us as Jim talks about his time in Ecuador and the unique journey he took to the mission field.
- 15 – Case Visser – Samaritan AviationIn this episode, we’ll hear from Case Visser, Plane Faith’s first Takeoff Grant recipient, as he shares the story about his journey from business owner to missionary pilot with Samaritan Aviation.
- 14 – Steve Straw – GabonOur flight plan for today’s episode is going to take us back to the African continent for a conversation with Steve Straw. Steve serves as a missionary pilot in Gabon, a country on the west coast of Central Africa, with The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- It’s official!!!It’s official! After years of work and months of waiting, we are now officially a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity organization, and are currently recruiting applicants and accepting donations for our first Class of Takeoff Grant recipients! Listen to this episode to learn more.
- 13 – Erick Paradizo – MAFOur flight plan for today’s show, which includes an amazing conversation with Erick Paradizo, contains some great insight for prospective missionary pilots. He is currently serving stateside with MAF, but will soon be heading to Ecuador with his family.
- 12 – Dan and Rachael Stoner – CameroonOur flight plan for today’s show includes a visit with Dan and Rachael Stoner, both missionary pilots and mechanics who have served in Western and Central Africa, and are now currently serving stateside at JAARS.
- 11 – Ryan Farran – Papua New GuineaOur flight plan for today’s show will take us back to Papua New Guinea where we’ll talk with Ethnos360 Pilot, Ryan Farran (aka. Missionary Bush Pilot).
- 10 – David TannerWelcome back to The Plane Faith Podcast! Or maybe you should be welcoming me back! After a long delay between episodes, I am happy to be releasing episode 10 which is an interview with former Ethnos360 pilot David Tanner. Enjoy!
- 09 – Mark Palm – Papua New GuineaThank you for joining us for this episode of the Plane Faith Podcast. Our flight plan for today’s show will take us to the Sepik River area of Papua New Guinea where we’ll talk with missionary pilot and founder of Samaritan Aviation, Mark Palm.
- 08 – Jeremy Crowell – AlaskaWelcome back to The Plane Faith Podcast! Today’s flight plan will take us to Naknek, Alaska where we’ll talk with missionary pilot Jeremy Crowell to hear about his journey to Naknek and about the kingdom work he is doing there.
- 07 – Pete Neal – IndonesiaThank you for joining us for this episode of The Plane Faith Podcast. Our flight plan for today’s show will take us back to Indonesia where we’ll hear from missionary pilot, Pete Neal. Pete has a great story to share, so buckle up and enjoy the show.
- 06 – Pete Young – KenyaWelcome to Episode 6 of The Plane Faith Podcast. Our flight plan for today’s show will take us to Kenya where we’ll hear from Pete Young a missionary pilot serving with AIM AIR.
- 05 – Pete Greenwald – IndonesiaThank you for joining us for episode 5 of the Plane Faith Podcast. Our flight plan for today’s show will take us back to a familiar destination—the town of Wamena in Papua, Indonesia—where we’ll talk with missionary pilot, Pete Greenwald.
- Special Announcement – June 2017In this episode, we have an important announcement about programming changes for the summer months.
- 04 – Marcel Boers – AngolaShow Notes Welcome to Episode 4 of The Plane Faith Podcast. Our flight plan for today’s show will take us to Angola where we’ll hear from Marcel Boers, an aircraft maintenance engineer, who’s serving there with his family.
- 03 – Fran Burgess – Papua New GuineaWelcome to Episode 3 of The Plane Faith Podcast. Our flight plan for today’s show will take us to Papua New Guinea—a place with some of the most difficult airstrips in the world. Our guest for this episode is Fran Burgess, a missionary pilot who serves in PNG with his family.
- 02 – Jim Stamberg – AlaskaShow Notes Welcome to Episode 2 of The Plane Faith Podcast. Our flight plan for today’s show will take us to Anchorage, Alaska where we will talk with Jim Stamberg, someone who has served as a missionary pilot in Alaska, and who currently oversees the church planting ministries for a great missions organization with operations in both Alaska and Canada. He has some really good insight into the work going on that part of the world and I am excited we have the opportunity to hear from him today.
- 01 – Daniel Geaslen – IndonesiaShow Notes Welcome to Episode 1 of The Plane Faith Podcast. In today’s episode we will hear from Daniel Geaslen, a pilot and aircraft mechanic, who serves in Indonesia with his family. He has some amazing stories to share with us about his work there, and I know you are going to enjoy them.
- 00 – Welcome To The Plane Faith PodcastWelcome to Episode Zero of The Plane Faith Podcast. On this episode I introduce myself, tell you about the show, my motivations for starting it, and how you can help. Thanks for listening.