To be eligible for a Plane Faith Takeoff grant you must be someone who…
- Demonstrates a committed, personal, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ that is affirmed by others.
- Is active in a local church that will provide a recommendation for receiving a Takeoff Grant from Plane Faith.
- Expresses a conviction and call to fulfill the great commission through mission aviation.
- Is accepted for service by an approved mission aviation organization.
- Demonstrates ability to manage personal finances and debt wisely and according to biblical principles of stewardship (this includes being current on all student loans).
- Is a U.S. citizen.
Application and Approval Process
- If you believe you are eligible to participate in the Plane Faith Takeoff Grant program, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible by completing our online application form (link below).
- Once submitted, our grant approval team will review your application to confirm your eligibility and prayerfully make a decision about continuing the grant approval process with you. All applicants will be notified via email of this decision.
- If a decision is made to continue the grant approval process with you, an interview will be scheduled by a member of our grant approval team.
- After your interview, a member of our grant approval team will notify you of our final decision concerning your grant application.
Funding and Payments
- Once your Takeoff Grant is approved, Plane Faith will begin working to fully fund your grant for an initial four-year term. Your grant will not be considered fully funded until the total amount of money to cover your loan payments for four years has been raised.
- Once fully funded, Plane Faith will be ready to begin making your flight training loan payments directly to the lending institution.
- Monthly loan payments will begin as soon as you are officially employed and receiving a salary from your approved mission aviation organization.
- We genuinely desire to use our Takeoff Grants to completely pay off your flight training loans.
- Our intention at Plane Faith is to make the payments on your flight training loans, not just for your first four-year term, but for as long as you are serving on the mission field as a missionary pilot/mechanic.
- For these reasons, our Takeoff Grants will be easily renewable (with existing recipients prioritized) for additional four-year terms for those who continue to serve in these roles.
Information Needed for Application
PLEASE NOTE: It will take you approximately 30 minutes to complete the application and it must be completed entirely once begun. Make sure you have everything you will need to complete the application before beginning:
- Your contact information
- Personal testimony
- Ready to affirm our statement of faith
- Current church affiliation including their physical address, their web address, years you’ve attended, and your ministry activity there
- Flight training information including dates of certificates and flight school names
- Post high school education information including school names, dates attended, credit hours, and degrees/certificates received
- Flight experience information/totals from your logbook
- Post high school work experience including employer names, job titles, dates employed, and job description/responsibilities
- Information about flight training loans including lending institutions, amounts, first payment dates, loan lengths, and monthly payment amounts
- Mission organization information including name, date of technical evaluation, date accepted for service, fundraising goal and progress, and expected date of official employment
- Four references: (1) Pastor and/or church staff, (2) lay person, (3) employer and/or coworker, and (4) CFI